I get emails on how to care for your shoes. It doesnt matter how much they cost, be it from 1 dollar to thousands, you should cherish all of your possesions. To answer all your questions, im here to share you my tips.
1) Keep your shoes in dust bags provided when you purchase your shoes. You may have trouble to know what shoes are in the bags, so do snap pics of your shoes and paste pics on your closet nicely. You'll save alot of time searching and pretty well keep less mess of opening each dust bags looking for it. Paste the pics on the shoe box, if you happen to keep your shoes in a box.
2) If you purchase your shoes without a dust bag, dont worry. Find transparent Shower Caps (which usually you steal away from your holiday getaway from hotels) and wrap em around your shoes. Since the shower caps come with an elastic band, it gives a good coverage of your shoes and secured from all dust. Also, its transparent & visible enough for you to identify your shoes.
3) Use those crystal silica to avoid dampness. They provide you or made available in your shoe box for a reason. Stash em into your dust bag or shower cap and ready for storage. It'l keep your shoes dry & in good condition.
4) Do invest in a good Shoe Tree. Get the ones that can expand your shoes. Be in mind NOT to keep shoe trees in your shoes for a longtime. Place it in your shoes upon returning home. Leave it for several days and you can remove it after. The shoe will be in good shape after few days.
5) Do you get a problem where new shoes sometimes is too tight during the first few use? Place in Shoe Tree for few days to help the shoe expand and it somehow minimises your pain during first use. In time, your shoes will expand accordingly.
Hope the above provides you good tips. Have a good one.